November sees the launch of Dodson & Horrell’s newest feed innovation, a quick soaking health mash, that will warm horses and ponies from the inside as the temperature outside begins to drop.
New to the market, Dodson & Horrell’s Health Mash brings with it a low starch, super fibre, molasses free recipe containing a multitude of support supplements:
- Digestive support comes from the inclusion of MOS, FOS, Actisaf yeast and psyllium.
- Immune support from Echinacea and D&H’s QLC natural antioxidants.
- Herbal support derived from cinnamon, fennel and mint.
Warm water awakens the naturally appetising herbal aroma of Health Mash, which is ready to feed in just under ten minutes. Horses will find it hard to resist, even the fussiest of feeders will prick up their ears and look for their feed bowl. It is also an extremely versatile feed, its non-heating properties mean it can be fed to most horses and ponies, including those prone to gastric ulcers.
Health Mash has so many uses:
- It can be fed to support a horse’s immune and digestive system at times of challenge.
- It is an ideal way of increasing water intake during or after travel and competitions.
- It tempts fussy feeders and can help to disguise medicines and supplements added to your horse’s usual feed.
- Mixed with a Balancer, it can give horses more to look forward to in their meals.
- As a warming treat Health Mash is perfect after prolonged exercise or on a cold morning.
The latest formulation has been built on the previous success of Dodson & Horrell Winter Health Mash; however, Health Mash will be available year-round and therefore continue to satisfy even the trickiest appetites of horses and ponies in all disciplines throughout the seasons.
“We are thrilled to be able to bring a new product to the market that builds on the success of such a well-loved predecessor, Winter Health Mash. The slight changes and new inclusions are exciting and will help this newbie live up to its shortened name, Health Mash. Suitable for so many horses and ponies, and particularly those prone to gastric ulcers, we’re so pleased to be able to launch something which will have such broad and far reaching uses in feeding. As always at D&H, quality ingredients and scientific formulations have underpinned the creation of Health Mash, and as an added benefit, preparing it ignites a bit of a nostalgic feel good factor. The lovely herbal tones bring memories of homemade horse mashes to mind that would have been fed to my favourite horses and ponies in my youth,” explains Dr Courtney Miller, Dodson & Horrell Head of Nutrition.
For more information on Health Mash or other products in the Dodson & Horrell range visit www.dodsonandhorrell.com
or speak to one of our friendly nutritionists via our helpline 01270 782 223.