Key Responsibilities -
- To lead the warehouse teams in a cost-effective manner to ensure all daily order picking is delivered within despatch deadlines.
- Lead and carry out effective labour planning and management, including holidays and weekly labour cost adherence.
- To work closely with the production and planning managers to ensure a consolidated, intrinsically safe and secure supply chain solution at maximum efficiency and minimum waste through a trained and multi-skilled workforce.
- Management of MHE fleet, including all H&S aspects, key liaison with suppliers, regular review of fleet to ensure fit for purpose in terms of number of items, type and condition
- To assess project opportunities.
- Responsible for annual warehouse budget
- To drive a positive Health & Safety culture within your team to create and maintain a safe environment for all colleagues, contractors and visitors, effectively resolving any escalated issues, opportunities, and near misses.
- To proactively manage and make continuous improvements to the warehouse capabilities.
- To work closely with all other departments to put the facility on a journey to world class, highlighting areas of risk/opportunity and being part of the solution.
- To develop, implement and maintain stock management and IT solutions to ensure full stock accuracy including leading company stock take activity alongside planning and finance departments.
- Carry out effective 121s and performance reviews with all work colleagues to continuously improve the capability of individuals and the team within required company timescales.
- Develop and sustain a framework of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to create an improvement culture to identify and implement performance improvement plans and cost saving initiatives.
- To lead, train and develop individuals and teams.
- To manage warehouse structure and identify potential vacancies.
- To ensure authorised vacancies are recruited selecting the best candidates.
- To assist the technical team with any customer and product complaints.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- To actively participate in company inductions and lead new starter journeys effectively as a direct line manager.
- To ensure legalities are always met in relation to obtaining accurate Right to Live and Work in the UK documentation.
- To ensure all Agency Workers Regulations are adhered to within day to day practice.
- Ensure all colleagues are always appropriately trained and maintaining and achieving the required health and safety standards for the tasks they are performing.
- Positively influence and drive standards and make decisions to achieve and exceed customer expectations.
- Use energy to ignite team momentum in delivering a quality job, first time, on time, ensuring colleague engagement and individual standards are maintained effectively.
- Lead and create an inclusive colleague culture delivering engaging change management principles.
- Deliver a great place to work, ensuring warehouse team have the correct tools to do their job.
- Communicate effectively ensuring my team are regularly updated with company and departmental information.
- Manage individual and team performance with professionalism and integrity.
- Management of department labour cost aligned with continuous improvement to reduce costs
- Writing of annual budget in conjunction with Management Accountant
- Management of MHE fleet costs and involvement in tender process with SCD/ Purchasing
More than 80 years ago, Dodson & Horrell began developing and producing the best possible agricultural feed on the market. We wanted to make the finest product money could buy and we set out to be the most trusted supplier.
The end goal is the same. To ensure every equine, canine, small animal, and pet-life we are entrusted to support, gets the best possible combination and balance of nutrients and supplements to fuel performance and live healthier lives.
- In depth knowledge of warehouse procedures
- Experience in use and application of business improvement tools e.g. 6 Sigma/lean/kaizen
- Experience in working with Quality and Environmental Management systems ideally ISO 9001/14000,UFAS/FEMAS
- Ability to direct colleagues towards maximum performance
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to ensure great engagement and relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Energetic and versatile
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Hard working with a “team first” orientation
- Good IT skills – MS Office applications and bespoke company systems, for which training will be given
- A proven leader of teams in the warehousing environment
- Good general standard of education
- At least 5 years’ experience as a warehouse manager or senior operating manager ideally within the feed or cereal industry
**SALARY IS DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE**