Following a successful time in young riders, which culminated in victory in the Under 25 Championship at Bramham and an Individual Silver medal in the European Young Rider Championships in 2002, Zara made a dream start to her career at senior level in 2003 by finishing second at Burghley with Toytown. A stylish display in the dressage arena and a fast clear across the country left her the surprise leader going into the final show jumping and although one fence down dropped her to second behind the eventual Rolex Grand Slam champion Pippa Funnell, it was a performance that hinted at things to come.
- In 2005 Zara and Toytown went on to win Individual Gold and Team Silver at the World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany – Zara's first four-star Championship. This feat also earned Zara the BBC Sports Personality of the Year accolade
- She was part of the Silver medal winning team in London 2012 and went on to finish second at Luhmuhlen CCI5*-L in 2013
- In 2014 Zara was a member of the Silver medal winning team at the World Equestrian Games in Normandy the only team member to jump clear both across the country and in the show jumping phase of the competition
- In 2017 at Lexington, Kentucky CCI5*-L Zara finished third on High Kingdom
- She has recently achieved numerous placings in the CCI-S 2*, CCI-S 3* and CCI-S 4* in 2021
Zara's latest results can be found here.