With a family name that has been synonymous with British Showjumping in Great Britain for more than 30 years, Ellen Whitaker has forged her way as a leading lady rider in her own right; representing Great Britain at World Cup and Nations Cup competitions.
- Winner of the Hickstead Speed Derby in 2007 and 2010 and finishing second to her uncle John in the 2004 Hickstead Derby
- Ellen placed 3rd in Rome Grand Prix CSIO5*and won the Gold medal on the Nations Cup Teams with Locarno 62
- Ellen’s current string of horses see her competing regularly in CSI and Grand Prix classes
- Ellen and Locarno were shortlisted for the Olympics but had to withdraw after Locarno 62 picked up an injury
- Ellen received the British Show jumping Rider of the Year and Members' Personality of the Year awards in 2005. She also received the U21 Rider of the Year award in 2006. Ellen was named the 2005 Rookie of the Year by the American Grand Prix Association [AGA]
- Ellen experienced many consistent results in 2018 to 2021, including 3rd in the 1.45 4* at Bolesworth International, 4th in the 1.45 3* in Lisbon and 2nd in the 3* 1.45 at Mannheim
Ellen’s latest results can be found here.