Dodson & Horrell are looking for Production Operatives to assist the Operations Leaders in being an essential part of the on-site production process whilst promoting equality, diversity and Health and Safety environments.
- Complete work to required standards and achieve departmental KPI’s.
- Participate in company stock take activities to achieve company standards and targets.
- Safe use of MHE (FLT, PPT, sweeper) and company equipment/machinery, reporting of any faults found on daily inspections.
- Assist in daily/weekly stock counting activities.
- Participate in company wide stock take activities of all products stored and produced on site.
- Ensure the working environment is clean and clear of debris at all times – carrying out Clean As You Go activities.
- Promote compliance to all Health and Safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Company PPE requirements are adhered at all times.
- Accurate completion of all production paperwork.
- Report and escalate any hazards, accidents or near misses immediately to your Supervisor and Health and Safety Officer.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and production teams to ensure efficiencies are met.
- Ensure product is received, packed, presented and despatched to both company and customer standards.
- Run and monitor production lines safely as per SOPs, ensuring efficiency targets are met.
- Escalate machine breakdowns immediately to minimise production downtime.
- Feed raw materials into production machinery and ensure material rotation is followed.
- Carry out quality and testing checks and liaise with the Technical Department to ensure product meets required specification.
- Store goods and raw materials in our warehouse.
- Become multi-skilled across other production lines/departments.
More than 80 years ago, Dodson & Horrell began developing and producing the best possible agricultural feed on the market. We wanted to make the finest product money could buy and we set out to be the most trusted supplier.
The end goal is the same. To ensure every equine, canine, small animal, and pet-life we are entrusted to support, gets the best possible combination and balance of nutrients and supplements to fuel performance and live healthier lives.
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and enthusiasm for the role.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to complete paperwork legibly and accurately.
- Numeracy skills.
- Previous experience working in a factory environment
- Previous experience running a production line (not essential as training is provided)
- Previous experience in operating FLT (not essential as training is provided)