Location: Islip, Kettering
Job type: Full time (37.5 hours)
Purpose of role:
To translate the brand plan for all brands from consumer to trade and bring central marketing campaigns to life instore. Support the sales team at a local level to activate brand as part of JBPs or localised central marketing campaigns.
- Provide concepts for instore execution of central marketing campaigns
- Deliver approved concepts on time and to budget for central marketing campaigns
- Manage the marketing support for trade customers- localise central marketing campaigns for key accounts
- Support central marketing with trade specific presentations to sales team and sales teams to trade customers
- Manage bespoke request process and ensure any brand execution is within brand guidelines
- Manage POS budget for campaigns
- Manage AYR (All year round) POS items, stock holding and budget
- Attend account meetings with sales team as necessary
- Manage media activity with trade press (ETN/EBM/BETA)
- Support sales team with trade events such as Pedigree, PATS as required
- Measure success of activation and implement improvements
- Reduce POS costs/make efficient for more commercially viable execution
- Chair promotional planning meeting
- Manage and execute brand promotions throughout business
- Manage merchandising standards in store
- Influence trade plan and promotions
- Create product literature/ email campaigns
- Category support including reviewing promotional & POS success
- Any other marketing task as required by line management
- An interest in the equine and canine industry.
- Strong communications skills and ability to interface confidently internally and externally at all levels.
- Presentation and negotiation skills.
- Category/brand knowledge across all segments.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Deliver great customer service
- Take full accountability for all decisions and how they impact the company.
- Commercial acumen
- Project management
- Budget management
- Cross functional working
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft office (excel, word, PowerPoint)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to degree level / graduate calibre
- Experience within retail marketing and ability to manage budget and agencies is essential
- Experience of POS / merchandising is advantageous
- Category experience
Measure of Success:
- Increased space in store
- Increased sales in merchandised stores
- Efficient POS execution
- Increased social engagement from trade customers
- Joined up process for promotional execution
- Brand Activation in key accounts across all regions
If this sounds like something that you're interested in, please follow the steps below to submit an application. Closing date is: 4 July 2019