Job Title: Customer Care Administrator
Salary: £16,000 - £19,000 per annum depending on experience
Department: Customer Care & Sales
Location: Islip – office based
Date: 10th July 2019
1. The Role
The Customer Care Administrator’s role is to receive and process orders and to support business development through outbound telesales or other requested mechanisms to ensure the customer experience of Dodson & Horrell is truly first class. The role will also support the wider business through the administration of the company’s postal function.
• Process both export and UK orders through our in-house system with a high degree of accuracy.
• Encourage customers to increase product portfolio or participate in promotions.
• Facilitate and complete export documentation as and when required.
• Undertake general query management, including checking with third party hauliers for delivery times.
• Liaise in a timely manner with Accounts where necessary for customer order release.
• Liaise with production/warehouse from order through to delivery.
• Support Trophy Pet Foods with sample processing and distribution.
• Complete postal functions for the business daily, including franking all mail.
• Complete mail order functions including generating labels, creating pick lists and invoicing.
• Proactively call customers with stock shortages to offer alternative solutions.
• Help to develop and maintain appropriate departmental procedures.
• Perform all other duties as and when required in line with training and experience.
2. Business Context
Customer Care & Sales Manager
Other Key Contacts:
• Warehouse and Logistics
• Customer Care team
• Commercial team
3. Measures of Success
• Accuracy of order inputting against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Achievement of customer contact strategy KPIs
• Achievement of promotional sales targets
Increased number of customers and customer retention period through reduced complaints
4. Job Holder Profile
Experience • Previous experience in a customer facing role
• Previous sales experience is desirable
• Experience of using technical telephony systems
• Strong administrative background
Order processing experience is desirable
Job Essentials • Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload
• Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and enthusiasm for the role
• A confident telephone manner to enable successful outcomes to objections
• Proactive approach to problem solving and day to day tasks
• Good keyboard skills and computer literacy – intermediate level of MS Office software
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
This position is open to internal and external applicants.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why
you are the ideal candidate to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications to be received: 5pm on Monday 22nd July
We will not accept applications from agencies.