Location: Islip – office based
Purpose of role:
Ensure quality and compliance strategy and framework is implemented across the business and carry out routine monitoring of processes across departments.
Salary expectation: £26,000 - £32,000 annual salary dependent on experience
- Manage internal controlled documents system.
- Compile and complete environment agency and waste packaging submissions and work with Regulatory Affairs Manager to integrate improved sustainability, waste reduction, and recycling programmes.
- Act as secondary auditor for internal audits.
- Check and file completed batch sheets and intake forms and removed outdated versions of batch sheets from mills.
- Perform regularly scheduled site visits and walk throughs to ensure compliance strategies and monitoring systems are in place and utilised day to day.
- Work with departments across business to ensure compliance monitoring systems are in effect and reviewed with Regulatory Affairs Manager at 3 year intervals.
- Carry out waste and surplus collection queries, purchase orders and invoices.
- Manage calibration and weight checks system.
- Monitor NOPS positive release process management.
- Utilise Supplier Questionnaires with Purchasing Team to vet potential new facilities.
- Work with Laboratory Manager to monitor data particularly in process extrusion to determine if products need to be put on hold or stop.
- Provide cover for Technical Manager.
- Perform environmental checks.
- Mill tours for customers.
- Carry out technical complaint investigations in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs Manager and prepare subsequent reports.
- Compile appropriate export documentation.
- Assess MSDS (material safety datasheets) and certificates in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs Manager and Purchasing team to ensure all COSHH datasheets are on file and up to date.
- With relevance to new raw materials and their suitability for use in our mills.
Measures of Success
• Implementation of controlled document system and daily monitoring plan for compliance checks across business.
• Audit scores.
• Successful investigation of quality complaints and adoption of associated improvements.
• Compliance scores kept at or above agreed levels across departments.
• Successful completion of waste, environment, monitoring of testing, export document prep, and calibration tasks.
Job Holder Profile
• A BSc level degree in physical sciences with complementary industry CE and certifications is desirable.
• A number of years quality assurance and/or compliance monitoring experience, particularly in the animal feed industry would be beneficial but not absolutely essential.
• Knowledge of applicable codes and legislation including but not limited to BETA NOPS, DEFRA, Environmental Agency requirements, ISO Standards, Trading Standards, UFAS code, and VMD requirements helpful but not essential.
• Strong communications skills, ability to interface confidently internally and externally, at all levels.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
• Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and enthusiasm for the role.
• Take full accountability for all decisions and how they impact the company.
• IT systems knowledge and application to support job role.
• Systematic approach to processes
• 6-month fixed term contract with the opportunity to review and potential to re-sign after 3 months of service.
• 25 days annual holiday pro rata.
• 37.5 hours / not eligible for overtime.