Job Title: Business Development Manager Ireland & International (not including France)
Department: Commercial Team
Location: Home based with UK and international travel
- To develop the business in equine trade for D&H in the European market with wholesalers and distributors. To promote and develop the D&H poultry and zoo ranges with retailers and wholesalers in the designated sales area.
- Day to day management of retailers and wholesalers alike, instigating growth plans and joint business agreements.
- To provide nutritional advice and support to customers and company staff in line with the company business plan and in a manner befitting D&H’s high profile within the equine market.
- To support with account management of specified retailers
- To develop an annual plan on how the business will grow with specified areas including by product, by customer year on year, including setting and agreeing sales targets and to ensure those targets are achieved. Targets will include volume, contribution, revenue, no. of customers ordering and customer retention (direct and indirect).
- To ensure all enquiries and quotations are followed up promptly and pursued to a conclusion.
- To report progress on a weekly and monthly basis in terms of meeting objectives, progress and performance volume, profit and sales mix targets, plus attending and participating fully in monthly sales meetings and reviews as necessary using company CRM tools.
- To develop and maintain good customer relationships at all times, including building and enhancing D&H’s reputation and positioning as the premium manufacturer and brand of choice for all the leading wholesalers and retail alike.
- Clear objectives for every customer visit with a view to increasing business or growing profitability.
- To assist in the formulation of a sales strategy, input into new product development and enhancing current formulations and recipes to maximise profitability and reputation.
- To recommend the appointment of new customers on both a direct and indirect basis.
- To promote the D&H range of products in line with the company image.
- To plan and implement agreed promotions strategies within the specified area in line with budget.
- To promote the range of products at shows, and with customers where and when necessary as agreed with the Directors.
- To obtain reliable information regarding competitors and keep the Directors informed.
- To ensure that work is carried out in the best interest of the company and its customers.
- To maintain the company vehicle in a manner laid down by the company.
- To submit all company expense claims in line with departmental procedure.
- To perform and liaise with other management as necessary in the performance of his duties as and when required.
- Build a customer record management system and database using CRM management system, capturing contact details, supplier, competitors etc.
- To ensure the Company Health & Safety Policy is always adhered to.
- Sales value, volume and profitability.
- Distribution targets.
- Rate of sale and focussed campaign planning.
Measures of Success:
- Demonstration of total account management including all aspects of category mix that successfully delivers the account plan/s.
- Developing marketing propositions and strategies for the customer whilst maximising D&H profitability.
- Achieving budget on profit targets/value and volume targets by brand by account.
- Building status of D&H within customers by implementation of regular account reviews using market data to drive performance of D&H brands.
- Working with colleagues on management of the wholesale/retailers and in-direct customer base to develop D&H business for all parties.
- Degree in Animal Nutrition/Animal Science/Equine Studies to BSc level, desirable but not essential, willingness to work towards distance learning qualification.
- Several years of account management experience would be desirable, including wholesaler and new business acquisition.
- Equine related commercial or personal experience is essential.
- Regular travel abroad and in the UK required – ability to travel and to develop effective journey plans is essential. Travel expectations: 10 days per month international travel, 2 days per month office based in Peterborough / Aston.
- Strong communications skills, ability to interface confidently internally and externally, at all levels is a prerequisite.
- Presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Delivery of great customer service.
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and enthusiasm for the role
- Take full accountability for all decisions and how they impact the company.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills across market and account statistics.
- A high level of written and spoken English is essential and additional European language/s is desirable.
If this sounds like something that you're interested in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an application.