Need further help?
Call: 0845 345 2627
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Dodson & Horrell Ltd.
We will treat all your personal information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
When you shop on our Website, we will ask you to input and will collect personal information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit and any search terms that you entered on our Website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not order with us.
Information we may collect from you
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, including, but not limited to, information provided at the time of requesting or subscribing to any service, or becoming a registered user or if you enter any competition or promotion sponsored by us;
- Information from surveys that we use for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem with or submit a comment regarding the Website; and
- Details of your visits to the Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognise you when you return to the Website.
Process and storing your information
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us or one of our group companies or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content and advertisements to you;
- To administer this website;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you;
- To notify you about changes to our services.
If you do not want us to use your data for direct marketing purposes, please check or un-check (as directed) the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any affiliated company within our group.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or un-checking (as directed) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Website may, from time to time, contain hyperlinks to and from internet sites operated by other organisations. If you follow a hyperlink to any of these sites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such sites.