Need further help?
Call: 0845 345 2627
A nutritionally balanced muesli ration for horses on extended periods of box rest or those recovering from illness/injury. Convalescent Diet is a low intake ration, but if you notice that your horse or pony is losing weight, we recommend increasing the quantity fed and the number of meals given per day. We also recommend adding a chaff to increase chewing, unless otherwise advised by your veterinarian.
Convalescent Diet is specifically formulated for:
• Recovery as the muesli is high in quality protein and antioxidants
• A calm, even temperament due to added magnesium content and an oat-free formulation
• Promoting a healthy appetite as the muesli has been formulated to be highly palatable
• Encouraging eating up due to the added B vitamins
- Est. Digestible Energy 10.0 MJ/Kg
- Crude Protein 10.5%
- Crude Oils and Fats 4.0 %
- Crude Fibre 15.0%
- Crude Ash 9.5%
- Copper 60 mg/kg
- Sodium 0.5%
- Lysine 4 g/kg
- Magnesium 0.3%
- Vitamin A 22,000 iu/kg
- Vitamin D 2,700 iu/kg
- Vitamin E 500 mg/kg
- Vitamin C 60mg/kg
- Mixed tocopherols 22.5mg/kg
- Rosemary extract 41.5mg/kg
Feed 400g/100kg bodyweight per day to horses and ponies. For example, feed a 300kg Pony 1.2kg per day and feed a 500kg Horse 2.0kg per day.
If feeding less than the recommended quantities, add Ultimate Balancer.